Getting Into The Spirit
Edited by Taylor Davies
Thanksgiving is now officially behind us, so it's time to start looking ahead to the coming holidays and all the fan-fair that comes along with them. From Black Friday shopping to holiday parties to festive DIY projects, there's a lot of inspiration in this week's Links a la Mode selections.
Along with all this inspiration, a few of our bloggers tackled some tough issues, from finding the balance between sexy and frumpy dressing in the workplace, vanity sizing, recession dressing and improving your blog posts. I thought these were important and critical to include for this week's round up, because even as the holiday season gets into full swing, and we're overcome with twinkling lights, festive parties and sequins galore - the same problems and difficulties we face the rest of the year will be here.
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: NOVEMBER 25TH
- 33 Avenue Miquelon: Has Black Friday Jumped The Shark?
- Bon Vivant + A Budget: A Good Sweater Is Hard To Find
- Clothes: Pepe Jeans To Launch Tru-Blu Jeans To Sustainable Fashion Market
- Cosmolawlitan: Benetton Ads Spark Controversy but Embody Fashion Spirit
- Fashion Is Evolution: How To Make A Book Clutch
- Fish Monkey's Writing Stuff: Not-Sexy Dressing
- Forever Amber: Size Zero, My Ass
- In Her Glam: Glam Feature Jill Allison
- Koi Story: Hair Tutorial v2: Beehive
- Oh To Be A Muse: Make Up and Muses: The Eyes Have It
- Oranges & Apples: My Relationship With Make Up
- Out Of Order: Easy DIY Bow Belt
- Paperdoll Vintage: My Top Ten Online Vintage Shops
- Paper + Cloth: 10 Crosby Is Here
- Roses et Epines: Is The Most Exciting Industry In The World Turning Boring?
- Semi: DIY Fringe Belt
- Tansuann: Versace For H&M Timeline
- The Style Confessions: Fashion For The Recession
- The Window Shopper: Your Christmas Party Survival Guide
- Statements in Fashion: How To Write Better Blog Posts
Holiday Sale at Shopbop: Rachel Roy, Anya Hindmarch, Rachel Zoe Bags, Coated Denim, Vix, Paige Jeans, Boots, Alexander Wang Purses, Sonia Rykiel, Tory Burch Bags, Vince Tops, Marc Jacobs Bags & Shoes.
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine