|A painterly floral print and delicate details make this maxi dress a summer wardrobe must-have.|
Greylin Blooming Silk Maxi Dress, $198 at Anthropologie
Now that the weather has finally, gloriously decided it's spring, all I want to wear is dresses. I'll be honest, I don't discriminate when it comes to dress hem length, but I have a soft spot in my sartorial heart for maxi dresses. They're so effortlessly chic - you can easily dress them up or down with the right accessories - and is there anything more comfortable on a warm spring day? Here are a few of my favorites, culled from two of the season's best trends:
Stripes were all over the recent runways, from Marc Jacobs' mod tour de force to Kelly Lynne's killer high-waisted pants and striped skirt. Both collections - and these fab maxis - prove that stripes look best in bold black and white.
1. I'm nuts for the subtle nautical details - that's an anchor on the chest!!! - and ombre stripes on this Emma Cook dress. Seriously, I want this in my wardrobe NOW.
Emma Cook maxi dress, $352 at Net-A-Porter
2. Bold and flowing, BCBG's high-low striped dress is perfect for showing off a sexy summer sandal. If the voluminous silhouette isn't for you, try belting it at the waist.
BCBGMAXAZRIA Gia Silk High-Low Striped Dress, $548 at BCBG
3. Want something on-trend that won't break the bank? Mossimo's graphic maxi is as chic as it is easy on the wallet.
Mossimo knit maxi dress, $30 at Target
From Tiffany to navy, sky to ocean, shades of blue are one of the key colors of the season (lucky for me - blue is one of my all-time favorite colors).
1. A watercolor print, floaty layers and barely-there straps make this dress perfect for indulging in a little summer romance.
Theyskens' Theory Dressa Marble Print Maxi Dress, $907.50 at My Wardrobe
2. She's the queen of Maxi Dressing, so it's no wonder Rachel Zoe's minty snake print wrap dress is a must-have.
Rachel Zoe Celine Print High-Low Silk Gown, $495 at Nordstrom
3. This gorgeous crochet maxi just makes you long to be on a yacht touring the Greek Isles, doesn't it? So dreamy.
Missoni Crochet Knit Ombre Dress, $3,630 at Mytheresa
I love maxidresses! have two, but need more :D
You can never have too many maxis! Happy shopping! :)Delete