Last week's decades-inspired Metro Detroit Bride shoot was SO GOOD!!! I couldn't be happier with how everything came together, from the gorgeous hair and makeup to the vintage props. The entire crew was amazing, and photographer Joe Vaughn captured some truly beautiful images. I wish I could share the whole thing with you right now, but until the magazine hits this summer, this tantalizing little glimpse will have to do. Seriously, how incredible is this Oscar de la Renta necklace from Roma Sposa? So gorgeous!
|Bridal inspirations (clockwise from top left): Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy, The Great Gatsby, Madonna, Vera Wang Bridal Spring 2013, a mod wedding, bohemian chic, Veronica Lake, and Princess Grace
I have a big bridal shoot for Metro Detroit Bride this week, and I am so beyond excited for this one. Each look is inspired by a different decade, styled with a mix of current and vintage fashion, jewelry and accessories, as well as vintage props courtesy of my favorite co-stylist, Stephanie Potts. From iconic brides like Grace Kelly and Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy to legends like Madonna and Veronica Lake, I'm drawing inspiration from some pretty glamorous places. Be sure to check out the issue when it hits newsstands this summer!
|Holy moly, there's a baby in there!
I've been a little distracted lately because, well, I'm having a baby! I'm about five months along, due this October, and I've had baby on the brain since that test came back with two pink lines. Of course I'm still preoccupied with fashion, but now it's mostly about how to dress my growing bump and obsessing over adorable baby clothes. So if I occasionally get caught up and post about strollers, diaper bags, maternity dresses and the like, just know that there will still be plenty of non-baby related fashion goodness in between. :)
|A painterly floral print and delicate details make this maxi dress a summer wardrobe must-have.
Greylin Blooming Silk Maxi Dress, $198 at Anthropologie
Now that the weather has finally, gloriously decided it's spring, all I want to wear is dresses. I'll be honest, I don't discriminate when it comes to dress hem length, but I have a soft spot in my sartorial heart for maxi dresses. They're so effortlessly chic - you can easily dress them up or down with the right accessories - and is there anything more comfortable on a warm spring day? Here are a few of my favorites, culled from two of the season's best trends:
Stripes were all over the recent runways, from Marc Jacobs' mod tour de force to Kelly Lynne's killer high-waisted pants and striped skirt. Both collections - and these fab maxis - prove that stripes look best in bold black and white.
1. I'm nuts for the subtle nautical details - that's an anchor on the chest!!! - and ombre stripes on this Emma Cook dress. Seriously, I want this in my wardrobe NOW.
Emma Cook maxi dress, $352 at Net-A-Porter
2. Bold and flowing, BCBG's high-low striped dress is perfect for showing off a sexy summer sandal. If the voluminous silhouette isn't for you, try belting it at the waist.
BCBGMAXAZRIA Gia Silk High-Low Striped Dress, $548 at BCBG
3. Want something on-trend that won't break the bank? Mossimo's graphic maxi is as chic as it is easy on the wallet.
Mossimo knit maxi dress, $30 at Target
From Tiffany to navy, sky to ocean, shades of blue are one of the key colors of the season (lucky for me - blue is one of my all-time favorite colors).
1. A watercolor print, floaty layers and barely-there straps make this dress perfect for indulging in a little summer romance.
Theyskens' Theory Dressa Marble Print Maxi Dress, $907.50 at My Wardrobe
2. She's the queen of Maxi Dressing, so it's no wonder Rachel Zoe's minty snake print wrap dress is a must-have.
Rachel Zoe Celine Print High-Low Silk Gown, $495 at Nordstrom
3. This gorgeous crochet maxi just makes you long to be on a yacht touring the Greek Isles, doesn't it? So dreamy.
Missoni Crochet Knit Ombre Dress, $3,630 at Mytheresa